Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Table of contents - missing level

In answer to the second question, add a right indent to your TOC styles
(leaving the right-aligned tab at the margin) so that the titles will wrap
well short of the page numbers. For more, see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/TOCTips.htm

"Hebe" wrote in message
Solved this one myself - there was a rogue TOC 2 style already at the

place I
was inserting the TOC. When I deleted it, Heading 1 behaved properly.

Lisa

"Hebe" wrote:

I'm using Word 2003 and I have two problems. First - I can't work out

why my
table of contents is not showing Heading 1 level. It shows in the

dialog
box, but when the TOC is inserted, no heading 1. Second - when it shows

in
the dialog box, it the page nr is not right-aligned nor has any dot

leader,
like the other levels do. Heading 1 in the doc wraps onto a 2nd line in

some
cases. I've tried putting in a right-aligned tab with dot leader in the
Modify TOC1 box, but it makes no difference.

Lisa