Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Margaret Aldis Margaret Aldis is offline

Default Why is Word creating such a stack of temp files?

It's not generally pathological - Word seems to save these temp files for
"undo" purposes - you tend to get a lot if you are running macros or doing
other rather complex tasks.

--
Margaret Aldis - Microsoft Word MVP

"Ed" wrote in message
I'm using Word 2002 on Windows XP. I had been working on my document,
hitting Save occasionally, for about 2 hours. When I peeked into the
folder containing the document, there were about a dozen temp files,
besides the one of the original file. Is this normal behavior? Am I
heading fro disaster? Is there a setting or two I should change?

Ed