Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Left and right justified text on one line

The easiest way to set tab stops is on the ruler. For an explanation, with
screen shots, see http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/UsingRulers.htm and
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/SettingTabs.htm. If you use the Tabs
dialog box, you must enter a position setting for your tab stop before/after
selecting the type and before clicking OK (you can set multiple tabs in one
go if you click Set after each one). If you are using Word's default
margins, a tab stop at the right margin would be at 6".

"D7666" wrote in message
oups.com...

Shauna Kelly wrote:

The normal way to do this is to set a right-aligned tab at the right

margin.

Hi,

I have returned to the problem.

I get the idea of how this should work, once the right aligned tab is
set, that pressing the TAB key at the right point in the paragraph will
do it.

But I do not see how to set a right aligned tab at the right margin.

I do
Format
Tabs
check right alignment
but on press TAB the actual tab goes in the paragraph in exactly the
same way as if I had not checked the right alignment box.

Is there some other setting I should look at ?

TIA.

--
Nick