Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Al Gale Al Gale is offline

Default ABSOLUTE hyperlinks in Word.

When creating a hyperlink to another document in Word, the link is created as
a RELATIVE one, i.e. the path to the TARGET document, is relative to where
the SOURCE documents sits.

However, in our organisation, the source document will be moved when filed
away, and all hyperlinks are then invalid, i.e. broken. So, we need all
hyperlinks to be ABSOLUTE, and give the fully qualified path to the TARGET
document, regardless of where the SOURCE document may be.

But how do we make this an automatic feature??