Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default replace underline with italics

In the "Find what" box (empty), press Ctrl+U, to display Format: Underline.

In the "Replace with" box (also empty), press Ctrl+U *twice*, to display
Format: No underline, then press Ctrl+I to add Italic.

Note, however, that this will not italicize the punctuation following
italicized words, which often (always for commas and periods) should also be
italicized.

"rgb" wrote in message
I have underlined words I want to make italic. Using "find/replace",

using
the "format", I selected "underline" for the find & tried to first change

italic, then tried to simply delete underline. Could not get rid of
underline either way. Is it doable? Thanks.