Anything wireless? Mouse? Do you have speech recognition enabled?

"George" wrote in message
No Suzanne, I don't touch the keypad, my typing is two finger and

therefore
no contact with the pad. I will be typing and suddenly you look up at the
screen to check the writing and you find you have just typed over a

section
of the initial message or it skipped 10 - 15 characters back over what you
have just typed... Its a very strange occurrence and Im surprised no one
else has the same problem.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Is this a laptop? With a touchpad? Could you be brushing it

inadvertently?
You may need to change the sensitivity.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"George" wrote in message
Possessed Curser in MS Outlook and word 2003.
Curser jumps to a new section of text and starts typing from that

point
on.
Eg: if I am replying to an email, I hit reply, then I begin typing the

new
email reply, as I type the curser will jump to any section of the

original
message and start typing from the point on without any action from

me.
As
was the case when I type this request for assistants, the curser

simply
jumps
back a number of characters, moves up or down one or two lines as I

type,
for
no reason, almost like someone is pushing the tab key only not as

uniform,
the curser can end up anywhere on a page of text, this happens in both

MS
outlook or word 2003 which I use as my default word processor. Can

anyone
help me?