Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Styles Copying Over Into Another File

Providing the styles of the imported documents have the same style names as
your standard styles, you should open the imported document, use Organizer
to copy your styles to the imported document. Then run Format, AutoFormat to
update the contents to the correct styles.

If the styles use different names, then you are going to have to do far more
work.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"Cookie" wrote in message
ups.com...
In my current position, we receive files created by our clients and
other consultants who use all kinds of funky styles (versus the
standard ones contained in our company-created templates). When I
attach our template, it brings in our standard styles but does not get
rid of the funky ones (which can throw our styles off).

If I create a new file and copy and paste, the styles come over with
the text.

If I copy, paste special, to formatted text (RTF), they come over.

If I copy, paste special, Unformatted text, no styles come with the
text, but the entire file needs to be reformatted.

Is there a different way to prohibit styles from copying into a new
file? I hate to go in and delete the styles in Organizer, because if I
need to copy in more text, I end up having to delete the styles again.

Also, why are some styles not deletable? If had one the other day,
CHAR2 CHAR CHAR CHAR CHAR CHAR (bold, 10 point) that I couldn't delete
and couldn't apply the correct style to the text.

Hope this makes sense! Thanks for any help you can give me.