Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default TOC doesn't display outline levels correctly

Sounds like you need to modify the TOC 1 and TOC 2 styles.

"Gilles Doyen" Gilles wrote in message
Using Word 2002, I've set various outline levels throughout my document as

H1
and H2, Appendix and Updates. They look OK when seen within the document

(ie
the first H1 is numbered 1 and the following H2 is numbered 1.1).

However, when I generate the TOC, the indentation for H1 is further to the
RIGHT than H2 (H1 should start close to the left and H2 should have a

slight
indent towards the right). Furthermore, the page numbering for the H1

level
in the TOC doesn't appear to the far right as it does with the H2 level

(and
there are no dots between the title and the page number).

How can I fix that? Thank you!