Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Tracking changes - showing user names

Make sure Screen Tips is checked in Tools | Options | View. The mouse-over
comment is just a part of the many screentips in Word.

If that doesn't do it, be sure to state version of Word and OS and whether
ScreenTips are showing up elsewhere in Word.

On 12/12/06 8:53 AM, "Konnie" wrote:

Dave, Sorry, can't help you, but I do have a related question. Although I
used to be able to see the name of the person who entered track changes using
the mouse-over technique, this no longer works. I can't find any option in
the customized settings that turns this off or on and the only thing that has
changed on my system is that I started using a new mouse (possibly about the
same time that this change occurred, though I can't be sure).

Any suggestions from anyone?

Konnie

"davidepstein22" wrote:

When tracking changes is enabled the balloons appear with the edits. Is
there a way to show the name of the user who entered the edit in the balloon,
without the need to mouse-over the balloon? If so, where can I find the menu
option to enable this feature?
--
Thanks,
Dave