Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
haliburton girl haliburton girl is offline

Default directory

Hi Doug,
I have tried to copy and paste the formulas in this email box but it only
comes out in "word" form, not formulas.

I am making a directory of names, with address, etc and then a list of their
interests. The Word doc. merges with an excel file and works great. I had
trouble with commas last year but fixed that.
the IF statements run as follows: funny bracket IF funny bracket "biography"
funny bracket"" "funny bracket "biography" \*charformat funny bracket, "
funny bracket then it starts to the next one. I am sorry but I can't find
the funny bracket to make it clearer!

I get a list:
songwriting, biography, devotionals,

But always the last one in the list ends with a comma and I would like it to
end with a period. Like so.

songwriting, biography, devotionals.

Can you help me with the formula?

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Tell us some more about how you have this set up.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"haliburton girl" wrote in
message ...
HI,
I am making a directory again this year. It is all working well, even the
commas in the list. However, at the end of the list of each person, there
is
a comma where I would like a period. Can you tell me the correct way to
make
it know that it is the end of the list and put a period.
thanks,