Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default how do I know to use DVD+R or DVD-R?

This question has nothing to do with Word.

"kittykathy" wrote in message
i am a beginner. i know how to use a jump drive & floppys. i don't know
anything about saving to CD or DVD. my school has Windows XP, and said we
have firewire & burning capabilities. is it smarter to stick with USB for
saving stuff?

side question: i just got a Canon Elura 100, & want to make edited DVD's

for
my familly of an up-coming reunion. i read that there is a difference

between
DVD+R & DVD-R. the techs didn't know which or both can be used here. how

do i
know which DVD's to purchase? would it be better to use Sony's rerwitable
ones, in case i mess up (they cost more)?