Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Officeoceans Officeoceans is offline

Default Editing Resulting AutoText Entries

I've been reading too many posts and have probably confused myself to the
point that I have to ask this question ...
I have AutoText entires stored in a custom template. I make new documents
based on this template using AutoText entries and save those documents with a
new name. After I choose an AutoText entry, there is variable information
that I manually insert into those AutoText entries (still working on this
part-another question at a later date). Will my manipulated AutoText entries
always appear as I have edited them in the newly saved documents and will
that manipulated text appear as it should on another computer that does not
have the custom .dot template? I'm asking this question because I noticed
that when I edit the AutoText entry I usually extend selections to the end of
a line, etc. and sometimes my selection goes back to the beginning of the
AutoText entry and selects everything unless I'm specific in my selection and
just jump from word to word. I hope I explained myself and I hope the answer
is "yes ... your text will be there forever and always as edited and saved in
the new document !?" Thanks in advance.