Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules[_2_] JoAnn Paules[_2_] is offline

Default Word 2007 question

I tried using the online interactive site, I searched the help file but did
not see that. Let me type some jibberish and see if I can find it.

OH GEEZ!!! I guess it's because I was so used to finding the sort command
under Table that I looked there first. I didn't realize that they now
include it with paragraphs, which makes perfect sense. No idea why I
couldn't find it in the Help file tho.

Thank you Patrick.

--

JoAnn Paules
Microsoft MVP - Publisher

"Patrick Schmid [MVP]" wrote in message
There is a sort command in the paragraph group on the Home tab. It's the
icon with AZ and the down arrow. Did you try that one?

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***
Office 2007 RTM Issues: http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/11/13/80
***
Customize Office 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/customize
RibbonCustomizer Add-In: http://pschmid.net/office2007/ribboncustomizer
OneNote 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/onenote
***
Subscribe to my Office 2007 blog: http://pschmid.net/blog/feed

"JoAnn Paules" wrote in message
:

Okay Wordies, it's my turn to ask a question about Word 2007.

I had a list of email addresses in Word with a hard return after each
name.
I wanted to alphabetize them. If I was still using Word 2003, I would
highlight my text, select Table - Sort. How the dickens do I do that in
Word
2007? I could not get the Sort command to appear unless I actually had
the
text in a table. That's what I ended up doing but surely I missed
something.
It's crazy to have to convert text to a table, sort it, and then convert
it
back to text.

--

JoAnn Paules