Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules[_2_] JoAnn Paules[_2_] is offline

Default Word 2007 doing virus scan

Word is not doing the virus scan. Your antivirus program is and that's why
there was nothing in Word's Help file - but I am glad to read that you tried
looking the info up first.

You need to check your settings on your antivirus program. It's in there.

--

JoAnn Paules
Microsoft MVP - Publisher

How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

"Larry" wrote in message
In Word 2007, frequently when a document is opened it takes a long time to
do so, and there is a message that the document is being scanned for
viruses! Why would a file being opened from inside the same computer need
to be scanned?

In any case, I cannot find in Help anything about a virus scan inside
Word.
How do I turn off this wonderful feature?

Thanks.

Larry