Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Bear Bear is offline

Default Alternating sides for paragraph numbering within a book's page

Thomas:

Let me commend you for your skill and persistence in creating this
application. You're doing pretty much what I would do.

The only "improvement" short of VBA that I can suggest is to assign the
numbering style to a keyboard shortcut and make sure it's defined so that the
next paragraph is Normal (or whaever you're using for your paragraph body
text).

For each new paragraph you press the shortcut (which creates and positions
your number because of the style definition) then press Enter to create the
body paragraph.

I don't think you can make it any simpler.

Bear