Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
macropod macropod is offline

Default Printing Table of Contents

Hi Michael,

Try running the following macro to accept the tracked changes affecting your fields:
Sub AcceptTrackedFields()
Dim oRange As Word.Range
Dim Fld As Field
With ActiveDocument
' Loop through all range objects and accept tracked changes on fields
For Each oRange In .StoryRanges
Do
For Each Fld In oRange.Fields
Fld.Select
Selection.Range.Revisions.AcceptAll
Next
Set oRange = oRange.NextStoryRange
Loop Until oRange Is Nothing
Next
End With
End Sub

That should clean up whatever mess there already is. Add it to your Normal.dot template and it'll be available anytime you need it.

To prevent the fields getting messed up again at print time, uncheck 'update fields' under Tools|Options|Print.

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"Michael" wrote in message ...
When tracking changes, I can acept all changes in a document and save it.
When I open the document again (track changes still on) and hit print, the
Table of Contents completely changes with really weird numbers. If I update
the field and save it again, when I reopen it and try to print it happens all
over again.

The same thing is happeneing in all of my documents. If I turn off changes
it is normal (which is my work around) but I need to track changes on these
docs.

Any suggestions are welcomed!