Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Default Pasting text into Word 2007

Word already has AutoFormat which does this without any need for effort of
Edit and Replace.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"Stan Brown" wrote in message
t...
Fri, 11 May 2007 00:06:53 -0400 from Ian :
I can't figure out how to get the quotes and apostrophes
to change to smart quotes, and the double hyphens into m-dashes.

Autocorrect applies to what you type, not to what you paste.

What I do in similar situations is Edit | Replace (in 2003; I don't
know the 2007 equivalent). Change ' to ' and " to " and Word will
change straight to curly.

Then skim through, looking for things like Rock 'n' Roll, which will
have a quote facing the wrong way.

http://OakRoadSystems.com/