Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Default tagging and sorting data in word

Sorry Jon, but you don't provide anywhere near enough information about what
the docs you "receive" are like, what type of "different layout", what
you're actually trying to accomplish... you don't even indicate what version
of Word you're using.

Give people a reasonable amount of information to work with & I expect
you'll get some reasonable suggestions in return
--
Regards |:)
Bob Jones

"Jon D" wrote in message
I am trying to find out if there is a way to tag or identify data in a word
document that then can be extracted, sorted, manupilated, etc. I receive
documents that I would like to alter to a different layout.