Jugglertwo

Default Master feature

I'm looking for some input/feedback regarding the use of
the Master Documents Feature in Word 2003.

I have a customer that wants to use and learn the Master
Document features with subdocuments, outlining, etc. They
apparently have some large documents that wish to use.

I train in Word and I'm very comfortable with most of the
typical features and uses of Word. However, I haven't
done much with Master Documents except infrequently teach
the basics of Master Documents.

I'm concerned that Master Documents may not allow the
customer to do what they want and also some of the
previous versions of Word did not seem to handle Master
Document so well.

Here are my questions:
1) Does Word 2003 handle this feature well compared to
the past versions and possible issues it used to have?
2) Is this a solid feature to use?
3) Do people not use it these days because the general
PC's are so powerful that it is not necessary to use
separate files utilized in a Master Document?
4) What limitations or things should one watch out for
related to Master Documents?
5) Is there a good reference or web site I can check out?

I know that I have asked a lot of questions but I'm not
sure if my customer should get involved in this feature
when perhaps it is not necessary. Also, I may have to
provide support and I'm not sure what kind of trouble I
might be looking at fixing.

Thanks for any suggestions/feedback !
Jugglertwo