Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Tom Conrad Tom Conrad is offline

Default Word 2003

If a table element, cell, row col is cut/copied, insert, pasted or moved then
the border and shading elements follow the action.

If you are creating a table with structured shading, e.g. every other row,
or every other col, then it is easy to create this effect. create the 1st
row, then insert new rows as many times as needed.

You state that you want to shade random cells
Shade the first cell, move to your next cell, press F4 Repeat the last
action. This should shade the target cell continue until done, or exhausted
--
Tom Conrad

"Trish" wrote:

Hi, I wish to shade random cells. I successfuly use the format paintbrush
to copy the format of headings etc, but the shading never copies across. Is
there a simple secret to this? Many thanks.