Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
newbie on Entourage newbie on Entourage is offline

Default HELP! My right margin expands...

Thanks a lot! This is really useful to me. :-)

Lisa

"Daiya Mitchell" wrote:

PS to previous response--If imaginary or real markup is the problem,
Accepting all Changes on the Reviewing Toolbar should also fix it.

Side note--templates on the Mac work differently than in Windows. On
Windows, you can double-click a template to create a doc based on it,
but on the Mac, you have to use File | Project Gallery to create a doc
based on a template. And unfortunately the Project Gallery can only see
certain folders where it expects templates to be--so Applications/MS
Office/Templates/My Templates is a good place to put them.

So make sure you don't open and edit the template on the company servers
and annoy the person who made it.

newbie on Entourage wrote:
When I open a dot-template (which was made in Word on a PC) in my Word for
Mac 2004, the right margin is expanded by 5 cm or so. I've looked in Page
Lay-out, margins, page border, but nothing has helped me so far...

I've never had this problem before. There's a macro in the document, and if
I disable the macro, the documents looks perfect for a couple of seconds -
but then I can't printsuddenly the right boundary expands again.

I can't print the document - the document scales down to include the empty
white border on the right side.