Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
KBahr999 KBahr999 is offline

Default Table of Contents on Word 2003

Yes, I tried that--several times. I deleted, refreshed, etc. But it did not
fix it. Thanks.

KBahr

"DeanH" wrote:

Have you tried changing the TOC Options under Insert, Reference, Index and
Tables, Options. Scroll down to Heading 7 and enter 1 in the TOC Level, OK
and OK. Refresh table and cross fingers.
Hope this helps
DeanH

"KBahr999" wrote:

In older versions of Word, I was able to add options to the table of
contents. In my documents, I want to show the Appendix in the table of
contents. In the past, I used style Heading 7 to be the level 1-like heading
for the appendix. Thus, by changing the style definition of Heading 7, I
could make it look like heading 1 and then add it to the table of contents
using the options.

However, I tried that with a document I am working on, and no matter what I
do, heading 7 is not showing up in the table of contents. Is this a new
feature in Word 2003 that is overwriting my changes? When I look at the
Field Codes text, it looks like it is saving my changes, but when I update
the table, it is not showing up.

Any Help would be appreciated. Thank you.