Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bob Arnett Bob Arnett is offline

Default Picture disappears after moving it and then saving the document.

I have a document with a picture in it and after working with it and then
saving it using wither the save icon in the ribbon or using Ctrl-S, the
picture disappears completely. Using Ctrl-Z brings it back but sometimes not
in the exact place it was when I saved it. Instead of using Ctrl-Z to bring
it back, if I close the file and then reopen it, the picture is in the
correct place. It would seem like this happens only when I adjust the picture
placement on the page because if I just change the border color or something
like that, it doesn't disappean when I save it. Does this make sense and
would there be a way of avoiding the problem?