Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Downloaded document - is it saved in a temp file?

You should never open Word attachments directly from e-mail - however it
*may* be possible to recover your changes. See
http://www.gmayor.com/outlook_attachments.htm

Dale610 wrote:
I am using MS WOrd 2003
I received a document as an attachment in Word.
I downloaded the document, but did not save it into a new file.
I worked on the document for quite a while, making changes.
Then I saved the document. (Did not "Save As" into a new document.
Just hit save. I know, it's my fault).
Then closed the document.
Went to open it again and realized that I must have been saving the
temporary document that was opened when I downloaded the document.

Now I can't locate it anywhere.
I assume that WORD saves it as a temp file somehow. But I can't
figure out how or where. Can you help?
Thanks.
Dale