Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kenneth Kenneth is offline

Default NORMAL.DOT compatibility...?

On Fri, 28 Dec 2007 09:41:48 -0500, "Poprivet`"
wrote:

Kenneth wrote:
On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 12:59:46 -0600, "Suzanne S. Barnhill"
wrote:

Are you sure you installed Normal.dot in the right folder?

Hi Suzanne,

I should have mentioned that...

Yes, I checked on both systems, and the Tools | Options |
File Locations | User Templates locations are correct for
each.

Do I take it from your question that the 2002 template
should work properly on the 2000 system?

Thanks for any further thoughts,

Did you actually look IN those folders and see that you were replacing a
normal.dot and not creating a new one? Open Word and see if you have an
additional normal.dot listed somewhere in the templates area.
It should work but my win2k machine is down; can't prove it right
now.

HTH

Pop`

Howdy,

Yup, the location, size, and date were correct...

Thanks,
--
Kenneth