Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
leonardface9 leonardface9 is offline

Default Export AutoComplete entries

Thank you Suzanne and PJY.

Yes Suzanne, I can E-mail my Desktop as we all now have our own E-mail
accounts, and that's how I got all of the other Templates we use. But how
would I go about doing that with the AutoText custom dictionary please?

PJY, I thought I was pretty good with Word, but you have me by leaps and
bounds...which is a good thing because I love to learn. I don't know a thing
about macros, other than I've heard the word and I know they are very useful
from what I've read in PC Mag and Online, so I don't have the first clue as
how to do as you suggest. Would Word Help guide me through it?

Thank you both for your valuable time and expertise,

Leonard

"PJY" wrote:

Can't you simply log on to the 4 users desktop, open a blank page, go to
macros then organizer & copy your autotext from the normal template into the
blank document, save that document, then open it back up on your individual
desktop then transfer to your own template?

"leonardface9" wrote:

Hello. Recently at work where 4 of us share the same computer, we were given
4 different Desktops to sign into instead of the one we were all using for
enhanced security. However, I have our police department's frequently used
phrases and words in Word 2003 on the original Desktop, which we can still
access. However, when I log onto my Desktop and start Word, my AutoComplete
dictionary is nowhere to be found, therefore I find myself working mostly
from the old 4 user Desktop.

I've searched high and low looking for a way to import those saved entries
into Word on my Desktop, but I can't find it anywhere. I've Googled until I'm
blue in the face, with negative results. The suggestions within Word Help
haven't helped either. Can someone please help me?

Thank you all for your valuable time, expertise and help, Leonard