Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoanneM JoanneM is offline

Default how to insert path and file name into word, version 2007

Thanks!!!!

"Terry Farrell" wrote:

Sorry, I didn't note it was Word 2007. In that case, use Insert, QuickParts,
FieldCode, Filename checking the option to add the path. Once inserted,
select the Filename/path and then use Alt+F3 to create a new Quick Part so
that you can select it whenever needed.

Terry

"JoanneM" wrote in message
Terry,
I can't find the Filename/path tool button in the Header & Footer Toolbar.
Can you give me another clue?

"Terry Farrell" wrote:

Open the Header or Footer and on the context sensitive Header & Footer
Toolbar that opens, click on the Filename/path tool button.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"BJFuser" wrote in message
How do I iinsert a full path and file name into the header/footer
section
of
word 2007?