Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Section break from Columns

You can certainly apply the column formatting manually. Insert three empty
paragraphs. Insert Continuous section breaks between 1 and 2 and between 2
and 3. Format Section 2 as multi-column.

"Nannamonn" wrote in message
I have tried this method. All it will insert is a section [next page]
break.
It doesn't seem to matter what I do, I cannot make it insert a continuous
break. Mine is a title to a page with the rest of the text being 2
column.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

A Continuous break is what you want. Press Enter at the top of your first
column to insert an empty paragraph. Select that paragraph and format it
as
one column, and Word will take care of inserting the section break for
you.

Note, however, that your letterhead should properly be in the header; see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm

"glasslantern" wrote in message
Hello
I've created a letterhead in Word(2003) using 2 columns. I would like to
separate the top letterhead section I've created from the rest of the page
with a section break so that I can utilize the rest of the page for
text/typing. Is this possible? I've tried all the different breaks in the
break list with no success.
Mari