Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Idaho Word Man Idaho Word Man is offline

Default Footnote appears on wrong page

I have a large document (200 pages) with tracked changes. It has been
through several revisions and may have originally been created in an earlier
version of Word, but I have applied a good template to the document.

There are only a few footnotes in the document, but the footnote that is
supposed to appear on page 88 is appearing on page 53. I copied the text of
the note, deleted the old note, inserted a new footnote, and pasted the text
back into the new note, but (lo and behold!) it was on page 53 again.

I have read the article at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...OnDiffPage.htm but it doesn't
seem to address this kind of problem. I tried some of the fixes it mentioned
anyway, but didn't get anywhere with them.

Any suggestions?

I'm running XP Professional and Office 2003.

Thanks,

Fred