Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
K K is offline

Default AutoFormat/AutoCorrect Settings Change

Perhaps I simply do not understand how it's sposed to work - I open a Word
2003 docu, then Format - AutoFormat. AutoFormat is set to replace ordinals
with superscript and AutoCorrect is set to capitalize the first letter of
sentences. I deselect both, create my docu and close Word. The next time I
open Word - without a system shut down - the settings have reverted to the
default settings and must be deselected again. From this forum I found "My
menus and toolbars are missing and won't come back€¯ at
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErr...ngMenusEtc.htm. I have tried
"Using the /a switch" and "Deleting and recreating the corrupt registry
values." "Using the /a switch" didn't produce noticeable results. "Deleting
and recreating the corrupt registry values" holds my deselection selections
as long as I don't do a restart or shut down, no matter how many times I open
or close Word. If I do a restart or shutdown, my deselection selections
revert to the default settings and "Deleting and recreating the corrupt
registry values" and the desired selections must be deselected again. So far
these settings are the only ones I've noticed not staying where I put them. I
have tried closing Word and doing "Deleting and recreating the corrupt
registry values." I have tried opening Word, making my deselections then with
word open doing "Deleting and recreating the corrupt registry values." I have
tried opening Word, making my deselections, closing Word then doing "Deleting
and recreating the corrupt registry values." None worked like I think I
understand how it's sposed to work. Is this the way changing the settings in
AutoFormat and AutoCorrect is sposed to work? Am I changing the settings in
the correct place? What am I doing wrong? All ideas, suggestions, and
comments will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, K.