Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Greg[_4_] Greg[_4_] is offline

Default Scroll on Window Restore?

Terry Farrell wrote:
Just a quick further test. Start Word in Safe Mode and open a document.
Then try min/max and see if the same problem occurs. From Start, Run,
type in

winword /a

and press enter. Test now.

Well, how about that -- starting that way, it doesn't scroll on
minimize/restore. What does that mean?

One thing I can say that is means: It's fixed.

After testing in safe mode, for the heck of it I started Word normally,
and tested again. Lo and behold, it no longer scrolls on minimize/restore.

Shakes head in amazement.

Whatever... Thanks!

(I never heard of a safe mode for Word before. Windows, yes. Not Word.
Thanks for the detailed startup instruction.)

Terry

PS Can't get it out of my mind that Lenovo/IBM and ThinkPad have
separated - especially as my wife works for IBM and they still issue
staff laptops and call them ThinkPads!

Some of the laptops Lenovo sells are Thinkpads, like the T series, X
series, and so on. So your wife and others aren't wrong. Use of the
"Thinkpad" name was one of the things Lenovo bought. I was there, and
there were grumblings about IBM selling off the one really good PC IBM
still made.

However, Lenovo also makes non-Thinkpad laptops, and the one I have --
3000 series -- happens to be one of the those. Simple visual
distinction: It's not black. :-) The case top is sliver.

--
Greg