Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JamesDart JamesDart is offline

Default Graphic refresh/Other oddities

Ah, okay. Thank you for the response.

I changed my view to "Draft" which disables the Footer and Header, and my
problem seems to have gone away for the time being.

I am also seeing what parts of the document I can pull out into separate
Documents that be hyperlinked to.

I've never written a Manual before and this is a daunting process, but after
reading information on the Forums, Consuming "Word 2007: Step by Step" and
"2007 Microsoft Office System: Inside Out", i've learned tons about this
amazing program.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

It is not the display adapter that is the problem but the driver software -
check with the manufacturer for updates.

JamesDart wrote:
Would this problem happen when running 2 screens off the same driver
as well? I am assuming the answer is "yes" but I wanted to get more
information before running out and buying a new driver or shiver
run only one monitor while on this project.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

These are problems typical of a poor screen driver. Check the display
adapter manufacturer's web site for an update (or see Garfield's
reply for a workaround). Some Intel and ATI drivers appear to be the
worst offenders, but there are updates for both.

garfield-n-odie wrote:
Try reducing the hardware acceleration setting in Start | Control
Panel
Display | Advanced | Troubleshooting.

LeAnn wrote:

I have Word 2003 SP1 installed on a new computer with 1 GB of ram.
I have noticed that Word has frequent refresh issues. Some
examples a

Inserting graphics appear upon insert but if I toggle away, graphic
is blank until I hit return.
Pagination doesn't refresh properly at times
My 1/2 my cursor stays in old location when I click a new location
Outline numbering has exerienced very odd refreshing (which was
very alarming at first - everything renumbered incorrectly).

Some things seem to correct themselves if I minimize and maximum.
The numbering corrected itself when I went into the number dialog
box and then closed it.

Are these known issues?

Thanks
LeAnn