Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
V V is offline

Default Number of Pages changes between PC Word 2007 and Mac Office 20

Thank you for replying so promptly and with so much detail.

In order to convert to .pdf, I "print to the .pdf" driver. It's not a "real
printer", is it? Forgive me my ignorance but I haven't actually printed out
my document yet. I just need to convert it to .pdf. I "print to the Adobe
driver" to convert to .pdf. How can I set my document to print to the same
driver on both computers when it's not a real printer?

I'm pretty sure my document is not using any advance features of Word 2007.
It's a basic manuscript. I would like to work on it on my Mac and work on
spelling and formatting details. I need to keep the manuscript to exactly
360 pages so it's useless to work on my Mac because the number of pages
changes when I go back to my PC. I've already prepared the spine width of
my book cover, so I don't want to do that all over again so I want to keep it
to 360 pages always.

I have check all margins, paper sizes set up in the printer, spaces for
headers/footers.

I will check my styles but that will be very tedious. Is there a way to
print out all the styles I've used on one computer? That would streamline
the process a great deal.

Will the fonts take up the same amount of space on both computers? I'm
using Adobe Garamond on both computers. I will double check the font usage
in the document on both computers.

Please explain what togglng to optimize layout will do?

I had thought about running windows on my Mac but am running out of
harddrive space as it is.

Thanks for the suggestions. At least I know I've done my best to make it
work.

"