Stefan Blom

The problem is not necessarily with the Normal style. What other
styles (if any) are you using?

For a description of other possible problems with automatic
formatting, see:
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/TameAutoFormat.htm.

--
Stefan Blom

"Dilemma" wrote in message
Thanks Stefan but that doesn't work because the Automically update

style box
is not ticked in the first place?

The problem described is the same though.

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Please see the following article:

"Formatting applied to one paragraph affects the entire document"
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...eformatted.htm

--
Stefan Blom

"Dilemma" wrote in message
Steps involved a

I'm writing up a document from the normal template. I highlight

some
text to
make it bold and then the WHOLE document (including headers etc)

go
bold.
Same happens with bullets or numbers and indenting.

"Dilemma" wrote:

How do you turn this really annoying feature off, the help

menu is
of no use
on thise topic? Once I work that out I might ask why the hell

anyone would
want to use it anyway?????