Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Melinda Chase Melinda Chase is offline

Default IncludePicture Problem on Merge to New Document

The path is inserted using a field. I've tried changing the slashes in the
source data to both \\ and / with no luck. I also tried the registry
change. Still, doesn't work. I'm going to try it on another person's
computer and see how that goes. Maybe it's just me.

Thanks for the suggestions!
Melinda

"Peter Jamieson" wrote in message
I haven't been able to replicate this problem so far, but
a. is your path literal text, or is it inserted using a field (e.g. a
MAILMERGE field)?
b. do you actually have P:\Portage etc. or P:\\Portage (it should really
be the double slashes when they are backslashes)
c. You can also try P:/Portage (and yes, with forward slashes it would be
a single slash). Paths with forward slashes seem to be a bit more
resistant to change than the other sort.

I don't think the following article is relevant in Word 2003 (i.e. I tried
inserting this registry setting and it made no difference AFAICS) but it
may be worth making sure (change the Word version number to 11.0 if you do
try it):

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/171406/en-us

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"Melinda Chase" wrote in
message ...
Hello,
I have a Word document (Word 2003 SP3) that includes an IncludePicture
Field. When I merge it to a new document, the file path changes to \ \ \
Transportation\Portage\..... instead of the expected P:\Portage\....

I've tried unchecking "ToolsOptionsGeneralWeb OptionsUpdate links on
save" without success. Any suggestions on how to remedy this problem?
Thanks,
Melinda