Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jen H. Jen H. is offline

Default Spell check stopped working in Word 2007

Thank you so so so much!! I tried just about everything before I found this,
I just hope the other registry key I deleted doesn't screw something up...

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Check if the registry key "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Shared
Tools\Proofing Tools\1.0\Override" exists and if it does delete it.

If that is not the problem

Office Button Word Options Add Ins Manage (select disabled items)
Click on the English dictionary and re-enable it.
Close and re-open Word and Outlook.

Perplexed wrote:
The spell checker in Word 2007 stopped working with the English (US)
dictionary. It no longer finds any spelling errors. If I set the
dictionary to English (Canadian) or (Australian), it works ok. I've
already tried all the suggestions I can find on line to fix. Any
suggestions?