Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default New Style

Also at the bottom of the Styles pane, click the blue link for "Options...".
If the "Select styles to show" dropdown is set to anything else, change it
to "All styles". Can you now see your style in the Styles pane?

PA wrote:
Thank you for your response, but I still have a problem.
I open the Styles pane I do not see my new style, but when I click the
Manage Styles button at the bottom, I will see it in that window,
listed alphabetically. I can not move it to the Styles pane or the
the Style Gallery on the Home tab. It therefore can not be used by
our users.

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

Press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S (or click the little dialog launcher button
in the bottom right corner of the Styles group on the ribbon) to
open the Styles pane. Right-click the name of your Rlist style and
choose "Add to Quick Style gallery" from the menu.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

PA wrote:
Word 2007:

I have created a new style, named Rlist. I would like to add it as
a button in the Styles Gallery on the Home tab. Cant seem
accomplish this.
Please offer a bit of guidance. I am at a loss to figure this our.
Thank you
Paul