Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default restore default settings

Whether it will be a problem will depend on how your network access is
configured; however normal.dotm is a hidden file in the user templates
folder. This is defined at word options advanced file locations user
templates, and by default would be at the location you can find by typing
%APPDATA%\Microsoft\Templates
in the Address bar of Explorer.

Brett wrote:
when I open word layout is all wrong and my margins are really
skinny. I want to restore factory settings. I believe that I should
be deleting file nomal.dotm but can't find it. where is it? is being
on a server going to be a problem?