rutica rutica is offline
Junior Member

Thanks for writing.

The Mail Merge toolbar buttons are kind of hard to see and not very obvious.

Through trial and error and reading other internet posts, this is what I have for my button 1 (Open Data Source):

Private Sub cmdSelectDataSource_Click()
'select data source-step 1
Dim DataDoc As String
Dim MergeDoc As Document

Set fDialog = Application.FileDialog(msoFileDialogFilePicker)
With fDialog
.Title = "Select data source and click OK"
.InitialFileName = "Rpt- Governance Reporting Projects.xls"
.AllowMultiSelect = False
.InitialView = msoFileDialogViewList
.Filters.Clear
.Filters.Add "Excel", "*.xl*", 1
If .Show -1 Then
MsgBox "Cancelled By User", , Title
Exit Sub
End If
DataDoc = fDialog.SelectedItems.Item(1)
End With
ActiveDocument.MailMerge.OpenDataSource Name:=DataDoc, ConfirmConversions:=False, Format:=wdOpenFormatAuto, Connection:="Entire Spreadsheet", SubType:=wdMergeSubTypeWord2000
End Sub

This is what I have for button 3 (Merge New Document)
Private Sub cmdMergeDocument_Click()
'merge document-step 3
With ActiveDocument.MailMerge
.Destination = wdSendToNewDocument
.SuppressBlankLines = True
Me.cmdSelectDataSource.Enabled = False
Me.cmdMergeDocument.Enabled = False
With .DataSource
.FirstRecord = wdDefaultFirstRecord
.LastRecord = wdDefaultLastRecord
End With
.Execute Pause:=False
End With
Me.cmdSelectDataSource.Enabled = True
Me.cmdMergeDocument.Enabled = True
End Sub

I don't know how to hide the command buttons, but I disabled them.

So I still need help with creating a button to open the Choose Recipients dialog box. Also,I still need help with protecting the form.

Thanks!