Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Getting rid of "separate header" option?

Which version of Word?

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

wrote:
If you are using an Excel spreadsheet as your data source, by default
Word will take the first row of the first sheet as the "header
source". If you have to work on a Word document (say, a letter) that
previously had a separate header source applied to it, how do you tell
Word that you now want to revert back to using the first row of the
first sheet as the header source. It keeps trying to look for the
previous separate header source file. I've tried just giving it the
filename of the spreadsheet as its header source (i.e. the same file
as the data source), but it won't have it.

Surely there must be a way of "resetting" the option back to not using
a separate header source?

Thank you for any assistance you can give. I have Googled for this
but can find no specific reference to removing it - only putting it on
in the first place.

Steve