Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
PA PA is offline

Default Outline Question

If the TOC was created by Word from the Heading styles,
Insert-Reference-Index and Tables, then the TOC is a field. Single click it,
press the F9 key and update the entire table (or just page numbers)
The TOC will then be syched with the map

"akkrug" wrote:

I have inherited an outline form that our users would like to be able to key
as much information as they need to without messing up the table of contents.
When I addd the form fields to the document and then key enough information
to generate another page, the table of contents and Document map seem to get
out of synch. Any idea what I might be doing wrong? The users want to keep
the same numbering scheme but want to be able to key an unlimited amount of
text.

Thanks for the help!

Ken K.
--