Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default adding a carriage return in the "Text to be inserted before"section

With Word you generally put an actual paragraph mark in this kind of
scenario, rather than using standard find/replace sequences. It doesn't
quite work in this case because of an interaction with Word's handling
of blank lines in merges (I think) but you might be able to do something
based on

{MERGEFIELD "Name"}
{MERGEFIELD "Address"}
{MERGEFIELD "CityStateZip"}
{MERGEFIELD "Email" \b "
"}{MERGEFIELD "Phone" \b "
"}

where \b "
"

means

\b "press enter to insert a paragraph mark put a paragraph mark here"

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

MichelleChumash wrote:
Thank you so much for your suggestions. I think i'll go with the
paragraph formatting of that line, but that second suggestion is very
interesting as well. Of course putting ^p would be so much easier
But I guess we cant' do that.

Thanks again!!!