Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Default Cloned a drive now OGA complains

Rubbish. If you have a genuine version and a hardware update causes OGA to
kick in, you can call MS on the number provided and they will give you an
activation code over the phone and there is NO CHARGE. I have NEVER heard of
anyone failing to get a reactivation key for a genuine version.

Terry Farrell

"jaws" wrote in message
yes, I'm sure they would not mind charging you $99 or more to do that ...
or,
rather, probably tell you that you can't do that since it's licensed to 1
computer.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

The validation system is aware of hardware changes - you should however
be
able to re-activate the product (if necessary by telephone).

Brian Gaff wrote:
Maybe slightly off topic here, but how come a perfectly legal copy of
Office XP is now not genuine when all I did was clone the drive to
another bigger one?

Seems a bit harsh???
Brian