Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default How to open a new doc with the font I want?

Several ways... In the Home tab, click on the Font launcher (lower right
corner of the Font section in the ribbon). There, set the font & size as
desired, then click Default...

Or... press Ctrl+Shift+Alt+S to display the Styles pane. At the bottom,
click the Manage Styles tool; click the Set Defaults tab. Click "New
documents based on this template", set the font & size as desired, and click
OK. Note that the latter approach provides access to setting other defaults,
as well.

Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible
Blog: http://word2007bible.herbtyson.com
Web: http://www.herbtyson.com

"EW_Zuki" wrote in message
When I open Word 2007 it offers me a Document1 with font MS Mincho size
10.5.
How can I get the initial blank offering to already be set to, say,
Verdana
12?