Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Moihi Moihi is offline

Default link paragraph numbering to heading number

I'm trying to format a long report and have managed to set up 'styles' with
auto-numbering (heading - 1., sub-heading 1.1, paragraphs 1.1.1). My problem
is that I put the sub-heading in and it happily did 1.2 automatically but
when I went to the following paragraph it continued on from the previous
numbering - so 1.1.16 instead of 1.2.1. I put 'restart numbering' but this
just made it 1.1.1.

This seems very basic - what's the solution???!

Many thanks
Jane.