Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default how can I perform a math funcion in word

To clarify: You should of course use the decimal sign that is defined by
your regional settings. It may very well be something different than a comma
as I used in my example. :-)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
You can use formula fields to perform (simple) calculations. For example,
{ = 0,5*100 } would display 50.

To insert the field delimiters, { }, press Ctrl+F9; then type the code.
Use F9 to update all fields in the selection. If you want to show/hide all
field codes in a document, use Alt+F9.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Edwin (Borinquen)" Edwin wrote in
message ...
Just want to know how can I perform a math function within a letter, vis
vis, the letter tells you you owe x amount but with a 50% discount you
would
pay X amount