Graham Mayor

Custom toolbars are stored in templates and documents - by default they are
stored in normal.dot. You indicated in your original post that if you lose
your normal.dot file that the toolbars are lost. This would suggest that
yours are stored in the default place. If normal.dot is deleted or removed
for whatever reason, Word will build a new default normal.dot without the
personalisations. You would need to replace this with your customised copy.

The standard toolbars are stored in the registry.

Vincent wrote:
Ah if that were the case - so easy things would be. However - in the
real world, things aren't.
They don't stick in normal.dot. No matter how many times I backup
this file
- they just don't.
Nor do some other customizations: like all the macros I've
implemented. But that is OK, you can backup these - one by one if so
desired.
Other things like Autotext n such - I don't know so much about, I
never use them, but then again - there are tools built in the program
to backup/transpose these settings...

Toolbars - alas. Remain unbackable.

"Graham Mayor" skrev:

You have answered your own question. The toolbars are saved in
normal.dot - backup that file.

Vincent wrote:
I have a similar problem: My cusomized toolbars do stick - indeed.
Until I
for some/any/whatever reason lose my Normal.dot file.
Not a total disaster: I've learned to back up my macros, my VBA
projects and such. However - any customized/created Toolbar I've
have running - disappear. I have to create new ones. This is annoying
- indeed.
Any way to backup my toolbars?

"asif" skrev:

I use Windows XP Pro, Office 2003 in a domain enviornment. I
create a customized toolbar of my choice for my daily work. When I
shut down
my machine and come back next day, that toolbar setting is all
gone. And I have to recreate the tool bar everyday.. How Can I
keep the toolbar settings of my choice.

TIA