MacGyverS2000

Default Hanging indent, special case... how to do it?

Actually, I'm not sure if this is a special case or not, but...

I have a number of text sections that follow the format:
Item:tabDescription line 1
tabtabContinuing description line 2
tabtabContinuing description line 3

etc. The description is a hanging indent of sorts. In the case of the
"Item" section being long, I would like the "Description" section to start on
the following line, but at the same level of indention set previously. For
example:
Really long item:
tabtabDescription line 1
tabtabContinuing description line 2
tabtabContinuing description line 3

Currently this is done through tab settings on the ruler and judicious use
of the keyboard. I would like to create a style that accomplishes all of
this (as well as being able to save it in a template), so i can highlight the
appropriate line and click the style.

Is there a (relatively) easy way to do this? I considered tables, but
that's too much work for too little benefit.