Anne Troy

Sorry, Jen. Word won't see TOC entries in headers.
You might want to put a "fake" one on the page itself, and make the font
white.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"JenMoore" wrote in message
I am trying to create a table of contents. I would like to use the

headers
within my table of contents. I go to index, reference, Table of Contents
tab. Under General, I specify Show Levels as 1. I click on Options, and
under the line Header, I type 1 in the blank box. I delete the 1 from the
line Heading 1. When I click okay, it just says "Error! No table of

contents
entries found."

So I tried an alternate solution. I opened the outlining toolbar so I

could
manually mark the header. However, as soon as I go inside the header, the
outlining toolbar is inaccessible.

Then I tried going to the header and typing ALT+SHIFT+O. Nothing.

Please help! It seems like it should work since Header is one of the

lines
in the TOC Options tab.

Jennifer