frogmouth

(Daiya) Having had time to digest your comments, it all makes a lot more
sense.

Many thanks for taking the time to answer.

"Daiya Mitchell" wrote:

AutoCorrect isn't saved in Normal.dot, but in an .acl file that is not only
application-wide, but Office-wide--several other programs use it as well.

AutoText is saved in templates and can be limited as you suggest.

*However*, neither of those are retroactive, but must be triggered as you
type, so applying a template after you have typed the doc will do nothing.

In addition, you can't apply a template as an add-in to only certain
documents. Add-ins are global templates that are available to the entire
application when loaded.

You can *attach* a template to a particular doc, but that's not an add-in.
And attaching a template will never change aspects of text, layout, etc, but
really only style definitions.

On 9/8/05 10:27 PM, "frogmouth" wrote:

I sucessfully managed to set up a paragraph numbering system using the SEQ
function. It works via the Auto Correct function - I type in a combination of
keystrokes and it inserts the next number in a sequence. Different keystrokes
give me different number sequences. Terrific, so far, just what I wanted. (
I first saw this function described by Jean Hollis Weber (MVP?) so I don't
take any credit for this very stable numbering system).

I added this function to Normal.dot and it worked in any document that I
opened, which is what I expected.
Then I thought it would be better to put this function into a separate
global template so I could apply it only to those documents that I wanted. So
far, so good.
Except, that when I apply the global template as an add-in (as you would)
the auto-corrections are not added.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? Does Normal.dot behave differently
to other global templates? Do global templates pass on auto-correction
functionality?

Hope someone can help.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word